Re: Wheezy Sleezy Gnome

Until the motherboard died, I had both GNOME 3 and Xfce on my Wheezy laptop, and I'd go between one and the other.

I got quite used to GNOME 3. When I started mousing into the hot-corner on non-GNOME systems, I knew that GNOME Shell had won me over.

But I'm still using Xfce from time to time.

It's nice to have the choice.

--
Steven Rosenberg
http://stevenrosenberg.net/blog

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM, "Morel Bérenger" <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:
Le Mer 24 avril 2013 7:56, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :

> On Tue, 2013-04-23 at 19:08 -0700, cletusjenkins wrote:
>
>> xfce looks the best of the bunch to me.
>
> Xfce4 has got to many GNOME dependencies. I'm using it since years, but
> I don't like it, I just couldn't find a good DE until now. Things for
> Xfce4 are as often broken, as they are for GNOME, assumed you expect a
> GNOME2/Xfce4 workflow. What I call broken, others might call features.

Maybe you could take a look at LXDE? There are still dependencies to GTK2
as XFCE, but those are not Gnome deps...