Re: Introductory reading on firewall/iptables/etc for new Debian user?

Richard Owlett:

> Apologies, I've just been chastised by relatives and friends for
> going in the other direction.

Never mind.

> I was trying to make clear I want only minimal connectivity.
> As to the per program feature, I want to prevent an app from
> deciding to update on its schedule not mine. I'm restricted to
> dial-up so I need to be able to ration a scarce resource, i.e.
> connectivity.

Oh, so your request is actually about outbound traffic, not (only)
inbound. I don't think this is currently feasible with Linux.

J.
--
I can tell a Whopper[tm] from a BigMac[tm] and Coke[tm] from Pepsi[tm].
[Agree]   [Disagree]