Re: Alsa sounds too low

On 04/21/2013 03:57 AM, Gábor Hársfalvi wrote:
Hi,

I think when I maximize all sound levels in alsamixer I get more less volume than I need.

For example I wish to see movies on Youtube and maximize volume there too the sounds of movie are too low for hearing.

How to solve this?
You probably need an audio reproduction system with more gain (external to the computer). I have one computer with a Logitech system, consisting of two small speakers and a subwoofer, which has its own amplifier and tone control Another computer I use is connected to a true hi-fi audio system, with a stereo amplifier and two large floor-standing speaker cabinets. This second one really sounds excellent, and the Logitech system sounds pretty good.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.  A.M. Greeley