Re: Information not on relavant man page - where to find on WEB?

Linux-Fan wrote:
> Often the info-pages do not give any additional details (I have just
> verified this for "dpkg-scanpackages" where both info and manpage seemed
> equal after a quick glance).

Uhm...  Are you sure you were looking at info pages?  AFAIK the
dpkg-dev package which includes dpkg-scanpackages does not provide any
info pages.  It only provides man pages.  I think you must have been
looking at the man page in the info viewer which falls back to man
pages if no info pages are present.

I think this entire subthread talking about info pages is a red
herring and off the scent of looking for dpkg-scanpackages
documentation.

Bob