Re: HP NC380T Dual Port PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Card (374443-001) in Debian

Dear Stan,

Thank you for your reply.

No, I do not have the card for now. Just planning to buy a
dual port Gigabit PCI-e Ethernet card.

> The Intel cards are always cheaper, work out-of-the-box with the stock
> Intel drivers in Squeeze 2.6.32.  I don't know if the Broadcom chip on
> the HP NC380 is supported by the Squeeze 2.6.32 though it surely is in
> the backports 3.2.x kernel.  The other big concern is non-free firmware
> it may require, which may make it a PITA to use with Debian.

What about Intel Pro/1000 PCI-e cards???
The problem is that there are a lot of models of this card.
A cheap one that I find has reference model E-G021-04-5215 ????

Thank you again.

Eric.