** Correction ** Re: Partimage: Would it be possible to add EXT4 support..?? (Wheezy x64)

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 03:19:18AM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 12:42:17AM -0700, DutchGlory wrote:
> > i have a question about Partimage: Would it be possible to add EXT4
> > support..?? (Wheezy x64)
> > this way i can make a full backup of my system without re-installing
> > everything...
>
> You need to file a wishlist bug against the package.
> Hmmm, ...
>
> tal% reportbug partimage
> [...]
> Getting status for partimage...
> No matching source or binary packages.

Grrrh, that was for installed packages.

Querying Debian BTS for reports on partimage (source)...
21 bug reports found:

Bugs with severity important
   1) #235131  partimage: Can't restore ext3 partition if image is large
   2) #294953  partimage - refuses to restore image on i386 which is created on s390
   3) #341455  partimage reports: There was an error while reading the bitmap
   4) #491081  partimage-server: partimaged sockets stay in CLOSE_WAIT state
   5) #513756  partimage: Can't restore an image with Lenny which was created with Etch (both amd64)
   6) #527635  partimage: Can't read bitmap block 0 from image error , unable to save some partitions
[...]

P.S. I see you have also posted the same exact message to
debian-devel. This is considered bad practice. You should have CC'd
debian-devel instead, but even that is considered bad practice by some
people. (Compare multi-post with cross-post.)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X