Re: Running pae kernel on non-pae system

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Ma, 26 feb 13, 09:03:55, Tixy wrote:
> >
> > Unfortunately, the top hits for me when searching for "pentium m pae" in
> > Google is Wikipedia, which is at best misleading if not wrong.
>
> It's a wiki :p
> (SCNR)
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Hi,

I want to run ownCloud on a small server using a mini-itx motherboard.
Unfortunately the CPU, a 1GHz VIA C3 Eden Nehemiah, doesn't support pae
so I haven't yet found anything current that supports it. CentOS 5.9 works but
not the latest 6.x version and SolusOS non-pae doesn't load for some other
reason I have yet to work out. Xubuntu failed also. The error on these non-
working distros is typically 'you need to use a supported CPU' and lists the two
items not supported...   pae and cx8.

Rob