Re: apt - missing trustedkeys.gpg to verify source package

Good time of the day!

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 20:12:30 -0600
Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> [..]
> Ignore the message about .gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg.  It is a
> distraction from the real problem.

Oh, wait: If I ignored them, I'd never ask and I'd never have
my src packages GPG-checked properly! :-)

But yes, maybe apt could be a little more helpful with this
message and suggest debian-keyring right away...?  (Especially
if this .gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg cannot be found directly by
search on packages.debian.org)

Maybe I'll put that on wishlist... wait, I already did[1]!

  [1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=703364

>   $ apt-cache show debian-archive-keyring |grep Size:
>   Installed-Size: 72
>   Size: 26218
>   $ apt-cache show debian-keyring | grep Size:
>   Installed-Size: 34988
>   Size: 31071928

Funny that "Installed-Size:" is in KiB[2] while "Size:" is
apparently in B. Took me a *while* to realize :)

  [2]:
  http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Installed-Size

Thank you, Bob!

aL.