Re: VPN Connections

On 03/15/2013 10:52 AM, Bonno Bloksma wrote:
> Hello Verde,
>
>> Am I correct in assuming that in order to setup a vpn connection
>> on wheezy i need to install vpnc (or open-connect) ?
> That completely depends what VPN server you want to connect to. I for one use OpenVPN on both the server and the client side.
> So first you have to know what the server side is using in order to know what protocol the client side has to use. Then you need to determine which software supports that protocol.
>
> Bonno Bloksma

Bonno
Thanks for the reply. The connection is a Cisco IPSec connection to a
vpn at work. I have a similar connection on a company-issued Mac (don't
hate - I didn't ask for it). I want to set up the connection on my
Debian box for additional testing. The server side (afaik) is a Windows
server with a stack of Cisco 55xx gear. Not sure what other info you
might need to assist, so feel free to ask.

--
Regards

Jack
Boston Tea Party, Coercive Acts, Powder Alarm, Revolution
Lessons not learned are bound to be repeated.