Re: NEEDED: not quite current buisnesscard and netinst iso images

Claudius Hubig wrote:
Dear Richard,

Richard Owlett wrote:
Tom Grace wrote:
On 11/03/13 11:39, Richard Owlett wrote:
Pointer please. TIA

You could have a poke about at
http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/

Thanks for the quick reply, but that's where I started ;<

 From there, you can get to
http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/6.0.5/i386/jigdo-cd/

And following the instructions on http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/
(as http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/ explains you
that these are only kept in Jigdo format), you need to download

http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/6.0.5/i386/jigdo-cd/debian-6.0.5-i386-netinst.template
http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/6.0.5/i386/jigdo-cd/debian-6.0.5-i386-netinst.jigdo

and install jigdo-files.

Then calling

# jigdo-lite debian-6.0.5-i386-netinst.gz

should download and build an appropriate ISO image (I just tested it,
it does work :)).

I'll try it after lunch. I had been avoiding jigdo as I understood its use was being discouraged - there had been a discussion on some list or USENET group I'd been reading. [It apparently was NOT this list. I just did a Google search of the archives] Also statements on related sites painted a discouraging picture:

"Currently, the system works, but is not yet very comfortable to use because the download manager application is not finished."
http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

"This software is now in "maintenance mode", development has stopped. Unfortunately, this means that various parts (in particular the GUI download tool) will remain unfinished."
http://atterer.org/jigdo/

"Also, at the moment only the shell script jigdo-lite can be used for downloading. Unfortunately, the jigdo GUI download manager shown below never reached a usable state."
http://atterer.org/jigdo/