pidgin-sipe configuration help

So I have installed pidgin-sipe, I'm trying to connect to our Lync
server at work, for some reason they think this is better than
Jabber... anywhooo... so when I try to configure an account, what
protocol am I supposed to be using?  I don't see any SIP or SIPE, or
any Microsoft protocol other than MSN, which I assume is incorrect.
Isn't pidgin-sipe supposed to provide the correct protocol, is there
something else I need to do? Is the plugin not being loaded? I'm a tad
confused, so any help would be appreciated.

--
Dale Harris
rodmur@maybe.org