Re: Raid 5

On 06/03/13 01:47 PM, Adam Wolfe wrote:
I had one h**l of a time doing this over the weekend.

What finally worked for me was creating LOGICAL partitions on each drive and setting them as used for RAID volume devices.
This gave me /dev/sda5, /dev/sdb5 etc etc.
When grub did it's install, it added all the /dev/sda1 etc partitions and rebooted fine.

When I tried primary partitions, grub would just fail and I'd have to restart the whole install process over.

NOTE: when booting from the install cd i had to [tab] the 'install' menu entry and add "dmraid=true".
Then after the initial install, it would still fail to boot.
Back to the install cd, choose 'rescue', [tab] and add 'dmraid=true' again. Then get thee to a shell and 'grub-install --recheck /dev/sdaX' for each partition.