Re: Avoiding restricted boot hardware

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Lars Noodén <lars.nooden@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm reading that the restricted boot problems are far from solved and
> that some of the early hardware [1] in particular objects to Linux.  Can
> anyone recommend brands or models of desktop (dinosaur) hardware that is
> currently safe for Debian?

Lars --- we are using Gateways, but there's a song and a dance to get them
to boot from a usb stick.  (You have to get into the bios as you boot up,
set secure boot to disabled, and csm to always.  Just getting into the bios
is aggravating, because they really like to boot into windows 8, so you
have to start hitting the delete key just as soon and often as possible.
And these crazy acronyms like 'csm' --- how can you guess it.)

Good luck!