RE: Problems with apt-get

I tried the update and --fix-missing suggestions before posting.

> Also, after running 'apt-get update' try another mirror. Change:
>
> deb http://ftp.lug.udel.edu/pub/debian/

> deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/
>
> Run 'apt-get update' and see what's what.

Running apt-get update now.  It's a little bit slower since I'm one
state away from udel.edu but there's an ocean between me and the UK.

Looks like slow and correct beats fast and broken.

"sudo apt-get install thunar evince" is now able to run to completion.

Thanks for the info.  I've been using Fedora/CentOS for a few years and
recently had to start using Ubuntu for work.  Since Ubuntu doesn't
really support PowerPC I'm considering suggesting we use Debian for a
new PowerPC-based product.

Solving these sort of setup issues quickly helps give me more confidence
in Debian as a good path for moving forward.