Dell T5600 Install Fails

Has anyone install Debian on a Dell T5600?

I have a new system, with 32G RAM and two 2TB disks on the
raid controller. The HW raid is set to display two non-raid disks.

I have gotten through the testing installer (some problems but
I have found work arounds for those issues).I have install only
a minimum system from a stand alone net install disk. (My usual procedure, and then I do a massive package install after booting
the new system)

When I boot the installed system, it dies around 3.4 seconds in (around the USB messages) and the keyboard is DEAD.

This even happens with the 'recover mode' boot line from grub.

Any one know how to get past this?