Re: LXDE startup

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 08:11:07PM +0000, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>    My LXDE startup at �/etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
>    has this in it '@termit -e ncmpcpp' which starts ncmpcpp, a MPD
>    backend. Termit is a rather nice terminal with tabs that auto-resizes
>    to the name you enter into it. But I use many tabs in it, currently
>    eight of various programmes.But, how do I get all of them to open up
>    in one tabbed-interface terminal of 'termit' please?�
>    If I did '@termit -e ncmpcpp' I cant then add onto it '@termit -e
>    nload/glances/weather/wyrd' as it just fails. Has anyone else come
>    across this sort of problem before please?�

With a few minutes of searching the internet, I found what I assume is
the project page for termit: https://github.com/nonstop/termit.

Looking through the README, you can only start termit with one command
via '-e'. However, as an alternative, it looks like you can pass it a
custom configuration file with "--init=init_file". Have a look at the
rc.lua bundled with your copy of termit and extend it to start your
various programs in different tabs. The commands for doing so are in
lua_api.txt

Happy hacking :)