Can't execute binary?

Hi,
I've just installed wheezy/KDE on a spare machine, to see what we're
getting. All seems OK, apart from one mystery:

I installed a copy of Firefox-18.0.2 in /usr/local, with a symlink
pointing to it, as I have done in Squeeze and earlier for years.

Typing "/usr/local/firefox/firefox" always used to start it with no
problem. However, on the wheezy box, I'm getting:
---
tony@tony-dlt:~$ /usr/local/firefox/firefox
bash: /usr/local/firefox/firefox: cannot execute binary file
---

Well, WTF, as they say. Does anyone know of a change that causes this?

Cheers, Tony

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |