Re: compress files

Bob Proulx wrote:
> File wav2z or some such name.  Use 'oggenc' if you prefer instead of
> 'flac'.
>
>   #!/bin/sh
>   flac "$1" && rm "$1"
>
> Call it from find.  No need for xargs.  Better without.
>
>   find . -mtime $AGE -exec wav2z {} +
>
> These can also be combined into a single find command but the nested
> syntax makes it more complicated and easier to have error.

Or a goofy error like mine above.  Drat.  The wav2z scriptlet is only
set up for exactly one argument but my use of '+' will had it all (as
many as possible) files at once.  That won't work.

Either a for loop in the script OR use a ';' in the find command.  At
this point I will cowardly suggest the ';' to force one file at a
time.  It is simpler.

  find . -mtime $AGE -exec wav2z {} ';'

I should have said I didn't test any of the above.  Which is why goofy
errors appear.  Untested code is almost always buggy.

Bob