Re: [1/2OT] bcm4331

Le Lun 18 février 2013 15:23, lina a écrit :
> On Monday 18,February,2013 10:17 PM, "Morel Bérenger" wrote:
>
>> Le Lun 18 février 2013 15:08, lina a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> A quick question, does the latest kernel support the bcm4331 wireless
>>>  card? or does it still need compat-wireless and etc.
>>>
>>> Thanks with best regards,
>>>

>> I am not sure about what you are calling compat-wireless. My netbook
>> have a wl card from that family, and run perfectly with current stable
>> (last
>> time I ran stable is at least 1 year ago, thought). The only issue is,
>> that this firmware is in non-free.
>>

> The kernel I used is 3.3.5. which doesn't support the bcm4331.

Sorry, I've read bcm4313, and not bcm4331... So, my phrase about my card
working is completely out-thread.

But is not that card supported by this:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/firmware-brcm80211 ?
Description speaks about bcm43xx, so I guess your should works? Or is it
what you name a compat-wireless?

You can also check b43 (on the web) and I think there is another one, but
I can not remember the name.