[wheezy] ntfs-3g leaves .fuse_hidden000XYZ files

I noticed that files I (thought I) deleted from ntfs3g-mounted
partitions sometimes (not always) still appeared when booting
under Windows7 (under names like .fuse_hidden000nnn)
This does not happen under squeeze (nor ubuntu 12.04 for that matter)

The relevant entries in fstab look like the following
(not sure how they got generated initially)

/dev/sda1 /windows/C ntfs-3g auto,users,noexec,uid=1000,gid=users,dmask=002,fmask=113,relatime 0 0