Re: Firefox under Squeeze

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sat, 2013-02-09 at 17:39 +0100, Klaus Jantzen wrote:
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /root/firefox/libxpcom.so:
libxul.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn't load XPCOM.

That is strange as 'libuxl.so' was extracted from the installation tar and is in the directory.

Any suggestions?

As root run
ldconfig

Thank you for the hint.

I ran ldconfig with different options but that did not solve the problem.

As i do not understand what the purpose of ldconfig is, I do not know what to look for.
--
KDJ