Re: Action/Multimedia Keys not working Windowmaker

I don't know if pulseaudio has to do with your multimedia key issue, I
don't think so, OTOH for this software everything seems to be possible.
However, I neither like multimedia keys, nor pulseaudio.

If you want to get rid of PA, I should be able to help you.

I don't know which of your packages have got hard dependencies to PA,
but you can replace PA with a dummy package, at least in the past, I
never experienced issues when getting rid of it this way.

In the past only gnome-settings-daemon had a hard dependency. Perhaps
it's still the same and you have GDM installed, which still might depend
to the settings daemon. If so, you could recompile the daemon without PA
dependency or you could install another display manager.

To build a dummy package, there is the very nice and not obsolete howto
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-helpers.en.html .

Hth,
Ralf