Re: why my simple ? hasn't get answered?

On 02/12/2013 01:58 AM, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
On 2/12/13, Long Wind<longwind2009@gmail.com>  wrote:
I repeat: which command to start xmms2's GUI interface?
As I understand it, xmms was just a music-player client (front-end GUI) that was similar to WinAmp for Windows, whereas xmms2 is a back-end server which does not provide a front-end GUI client.

Although similarly named, they're not really the same thing.

About the same time xmms2 started showing up in the repositories, xmms started disappearing, causing no end of confusion for users of xmms.

You can use a number of front-ends with xmms2, such as Audacious (which supports winamp skins) and Promeo (which is modeled after xmms).

hth

--
Kent