Re: XFCE application shortcuts

Le Lun 11 février 2013 13:02, Lucio Crusca a écrit :
> Hello  *,
>

> I'm trying to bind a keyboard shortcut to control sound volume. I've
> found this:
>

> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63591
>

> however when I open "Settings > Keyboard > Application shortcuts" and
> click "Add +", the friendly GUI does not let me enter any shortcut. I'm
> able to enter the command 'amixer set Master 5%+', but above the command
> text field, beside the "Shortcut" text, there's nothing to click or
> anything suggesting a way to enter the shortcut, just gray dialog
> background. If I try confirming the command without a shortcut it
> obviously complains with a error dialog (though the fact it's complaining
> is only deducible because there's no "ok" button, only "cancel" under a
> recap of an empty shortcut and the command I entered).
>
> Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's so obvious how to enter the shortcut that I
> don't get it (I'm a programmer, things that are obvious for others are not
>  always obvious for me...)
>
> Wheezy amd64 up-to-date.

If I remember correctly (I have used 4.8 and 4.10 until +/- 8 months ago),
things were pretty easy to understand, even for programmers as us.
I think you are facing a bug, here, since I do not remember any empty
message box.

Which version are you using? Do you have installed recommended packages,
or have you changed some configuration like theme? Can you select some
text in those empty boxes (because you do not see it does not mean it is
not here ;) )?