Re: [OT] computer security (online) training

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
> Sorry for taking advantage of the list a bit but as happens pretty
> often, this list is more likely to provide useful info on the subject.
>
> I want to begin some training in computer security... training I can
> do online... and hopefully a hands on approach.

Something I ran across, that I haven't had a chance to play with yet
is http://exploit-exercises.com/

>From the website:
"exploit-exercises.com provides a variety of virtual machines,
documentation and challenges that can be used to learn about a variety
of computer security issues such as privilege escalation,
vulnerability analysis, exploit development, debugging, reverse
engineering, and general cyber security issues."

--b