Re: Client "daemon" for sorting e-mail via IMAP

On 1/23/13, David Guntner <davidg@akamail.net> wrote:
> Alois Mahdal grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
>> I wonder if there already is a solution for this:
> One of the machines on my home network is my Linux server, running
> Debian Squeeze.  I've got Postfix installed for the MTA

same here

> and Procmail installed as the LDA.

mailagent is another alternative

> My regular user account runs fetchmail via cron every so often, which

For mailboxes where POP3 works for download only,
mpop is extremely fast compared with fetchmail.
Not sure if it works with IMAP, but getmail does,
which might also b faster than fetchmail (not hard :)

>  I've got a $HOME/.procmailrc file that's chock full of rules running

After a few years, I decided procmail was not as tidy as I would like

> I'm sure there will be others who will post ways that they do it, but
> that's how I handle the situation.  Have done it this way for many years
> and it works just great.

ACK.