Update hanged, now stuck in loop

Hi folks,

during the last upgrade, it stuck during the update of the package "virtuoso-
opensource-6.1".

Now I am sticking in a loop. I cannot deinstall the package, as it wants
configure itself and then hangs up, nor I can reinstall it, as I am running
into the same loop again.

I also tried to download it agarin, but this was not possible, too. My system
believes, it is still downloaded.

However, I downloaded the package manually via FTP, so I have it here on my
harddrive.

When I want to install it, these messages appear:

---------

 LANG=C dpkg -i virtuoso-opensource-6.1_6.1.4+dfsg1-5_amd64.deb
(Reading database ... 420102 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace virtuoso-opensource-6.1 6.1.4+dfsg1-5 (using virtuoso-
opensource-6.1_6.1.4+dfsg1-5_amd64.deb) ...
odbcinst: DSN removed (if it existed at all). ODBC_SYSTEM_DSN was used as the
search path.
dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 10
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
odbcinst: DSN removed (if it existed at all). ODBC_SYSTEM_DSN was used as the
search path.
dpkg: error processing virtuoso-opensource-6.1_6.1.4+dfsg1-5_amd64.deb (--
install):
 subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 10
 * Starting Virtuoso OpenSource Edition 6.1  virtuoso-opensource-6.1
[ OK ]

and then it hangs.

Any ideas? Or is this a bug? I am running debian/wheezy, amd64.

Best regards

Hans