Apache2 issue after migrating from squeeze to wheezy.

Hello

I recently migrated my primary web server to wheezy from squeeze in order to get some new packages and just be ready for the switch.  This web server hosts a few sites for a few subdomains and was working great with squeeze.

Anyway after the upgrade the first default site hosted by apache works fine in (/var/www), it is the subdomains that I store in other /var folders that do not work anymore.

I get this error in /var/log/apache2/error.log:

SoftException in Application.cpp:350: UID of script "/var/paste/index.php" is smaller than min_uid

Using my google-fu I found out it is supposed to be a permissions issue, so I chown (ed) the various web folders to www-data.  Still the issue persists.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Nick Falcone