Re: debian squeeze amd64 recent frequent crashes

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Jim Green
<student.northwestern@gmail.com> wrote:
> my debian squeeze amd64 has served me well for past 2/3 years. I
> struggled a few days with recent frequent crashes and hope to get some
> help from the list. I already downgraded from bpo kernel 3.6 to stock
> 2.32 kernel but didn't help.. I tried running memtest86 but it freezes
> as shown in the below log. Could someone share some procedures how to
> fix this?..

Yeah, if Memtest86 is crashing/freezing, you need to start replacing hardware.

Start with the RAM. If you are using multiple sticks, you could try
taking them out and testing them one by one. If you have some other
known good RAM you could test with it to verify that it is the RAM and
not the motherboard/CPU/power. RAM is most likely though.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers