Re: alsa, jack output issue

Le 04/02/2013 15:13, Raffaele Morelli a écrit :
2013/2/4 dAgeCKo <dagecko@free.fr <mailto:dagecko@free.fr>>

    Le 30/01/2013 21:17, dAgeCKo a écrit :

        I will first try, hopefully tomorrow, to test the cpu-scaling stuff,
        when the problem will arise again. Then after, I'll try all your
        suggestions.

    The problem did not arise again. So it was difficult for me to try if
    it was from the cpu-scaling thing.

    Anyway, I changed the jack settings so that the latency is a bit higher:
    I put samples/perdiod at 512, the frequency at 96000 Hz, the period/
    buffer at 2. Then the calculated latency is 10.7 ms, which still looks
    good.

you are plugging your guitar directly into the sound card right?...
  there's really no use in 96Khz, switch to 48Khz and choose a low
latency settings instead beacuse 10.7ms latency is very ugly in your case.

I plug my guitar into an effect pedal (Zoom G1XN Ext) which in turns is plugged into a tube pre-amp (ART Tube MP), which is then plugged into my sound card.

Anyway, changing the frequency does not impact a lot on the latency, and even, a higher frequency gives me a better latency :)
What makes difference is the samples / perdiod and the period / buffer.
But it is not easy to have the expected latency, whether it is too low, whether it is too high.

So I put 256 samples / period and then I have 5.33 ms.
If I put 44100 as the sample frequency, then I have more than 10ms.
Strange, but it is reality (certainly hardware support ?)

0.02€