Re: Questions about multi-arch and 3rd party packages in Wheezy

2013-02-04 01:10, Marc Shapiro skrev:
Unfortunately, dpkg does not automatically
handle dependancies, like agt-get and aptitude do, so I get a list of
dependencies, all i386 libraries. Is there any way to install such a
package and get the dependant libraries installed other than manually
installing each one?

The information about skype on the debian wiki seems to indicate that "apt-get -f install" is the solution. It worked for me for skype.

From <https://wiki.debian.org/skype>:
-------------------------------------

First, you will have to enable Multi-Arch:

# dpkg --add-architecture i386
# apt-get update

Then, download the i386 package as above and install:

# wget -O skype-install.deb http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-linux-deb
# dpkg -i skype-install.deb

If you then proceed with

# apt-get -f install

quite a few i386 packages will be installed.

Regards

Johan