Re: Anybody have a chromebook? Can it run Debian?

On Sat, February 2, 2013 5:51 pm, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> For myself those look great.  But she is *extremely* price conscious.
>
> Rick
>
> On Feb 2, 2013, at 3:28 AM, Weaver wrote:
>
>> Why not go for hardware that is specifically designed for Linux and
>> remove
>> any potential problems completely?
>>
>> https://zareason.com/shop/Laptops/

Well, yes, but they wouldn't be buying in the bulk that the large
operators would be, so wouldn't be able to command the price.
Probably also specification cases, which wouldn't be cheap either, but
all-in-all, an effort worth promoting, I think.

I first saw them a few years back, so they don't appear to be the usual
flash in the pan operation. On top of that, they appear to be expanding,
and doing that along the lines of a distributed, local, manufacturing
model also, which I think is interesting.
Cheers!

Weaver

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515