Re: Anybody have a chromebook? Can it run Debian?

On Sat, February 2, 2013 10:41 am, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Sb, 02 feb 13, 03:28:39, Weaver wrote:
>>
>> Samsung are having serious firmware problems right now.
>> Why not go for hardware that is specifically designed for Linux and
>> remove
>> any potential problems completely?
>
> As far as I know ChromeOS is Linux.

Sorry!
I should have qualified what I said.

There are many examples of this happening, with the new Samsung laptops,
right now and not just with Ubuntu.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1040557

I understand that Linus has issued a couple of fixes to the kernel, but
the Samsung firmware is still somewhat shaky.
Regards,

Weaver