Re: Debian is a translation.

On 01/02/13 03:29 PM, Николай wrote:

Hello! Your system is translated on the set of languages. Although each user wants to see the system in their own language, but the disk in addition to its native language has many language packs that 99% of users never will be used. Why not share all of the disk images on the languages​​? For example: if a user wants to have a system in the German language, he is invited to download a disk image with the package only in German. If the user has Russian - only in Russian. So he will be available as a system translated to his native language, and he will not be there to download not translated content systems or programs. I am sure that many of the programs (packages), going to 8 drives with a system not available in my native language! Then why do I download them? I spend time on your system, half of which I later need to be translated? Linux will not be popular, while "not speak" normally in all languages ​​other than English.

Please communicated this message to the entire Linux community. Otherwise, the system will not take or when personal computers in Most of users. Quality and complete translation - the key popularity of any system, whatever it was. Otherwise, even the simplest things are not self-explanatory.

The amount of space taken up by the various languages is small. It's better to just have the various languages available so people can download a single installer and choose.

Internationalization has moved most of the language-specific items out from the binary code that makes up the bulk of the downloaded installation.