Re: Iceweasel is already running ...

On 31 January 2013 10:35, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
No I prefer Firefox and I don't get this issue. Yes, Firefox also often says that an instance already is running, but than I simply have to wait some seconds and can retry, even if it's more evil, I only need to reboot, but this is a long time ago when it happened the last time and that I had to delete the config is years ago. The only issue I experienced just a few years ago, is that from one day to the other only the default profile could be used, but it won't open with a second profile anymore.

If you definitely have no firefox/iceweasel/similar process running and it still won't start, try removing ~/.mozilla/firefox/profilename/lock