RE: Steam on Debian [mostly SOLVED]

> From: Renaud Casenave-Péré [mailto:renaud@casenave-pere.fr]
> Hi,
>
> You can follow this tutorial from Sam Hocevar (former DPL) :

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/1/846939071205530634/

Following this method, I got Steam partially running.  The games that were
previously loaded by my old install ran after phoning home to check the
online DRM.  So far so good.  However, the launcher brings up ugly windows
and a terminal and requires manual intervention to operate at all.

Pros:

Private copy of Steam installed in opt; no cluttering up the system with
Ubuntu files.
No chroot necessary.

Cons:
Not fixed up for Debian.
Requires packages from Experimental be installed.

Mark