Re: More than one window manager

Dnia 2013-01-31, o godz. 19:23:17
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> napisał(a):

> On Thu 31 Jan 2013 at 19:39:08 +0100, Marcin Kłapkowski wrote:
>
> > XDM doesn't have choice for window manager, so only .xsession is my
> > choice.
>
> In
>
>    /etc/X11/xdm/Xresources
>
> find the line beginning
>
>    xlogin*login.translations: #override\
>
> and add this to it
>
>    <Key>F2: set-session-argument(fvwm) finish-field()\n\
>
> Enter your Login: and Password: and then press F2.
>
> Works for me. Pressing ENTER gives me the default Xfce4 session.

Ok, it's really nice. But it works for one login at a time. Now I
want start more managers with it. I need to start next xdm somehow.
Running xdm on other tty console doesn't bring me window. Any idea how
start few xdm login windows at system start? For example, one on tty7,
one on tty8 one on tty9 an so on? Or how just start next instance of
xdm?

Thanks.
martin3z,