Re: Steam on Debian

[Oops, accidentally sent this reply directly to Mark (sorry about
that!).  Resending to the list...]

Mark Allums grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.  I am a bit skeptical that many distributions will be
> officially supported.  Certainly Ubuntu and direct derivatives, possibly
> Debian and direct derivatives, probably Fedora and some other RPM-based
> distros such as OpenSuSE.  Slackware, Arch, and Gentoo are likely out of
> luck.

Amusingly enough, I just stumbled upon the following page:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_under_Linux

In its section on "Native Steam on Linux Beta Client," it lists
openSUSE/SUSE, Gentoo, Fedora and Arch Linux.  Now, I'm guessing it's an
older page, given that it doesn't list Ubuntu except under the "how to
install it under Wine" section.

Go figure... :-)

               --Dave

P.S.  I just double checked, and at the bottom of the page, it indicates
that it was last updated on 19 Jan 2013, so it's not *that* old.  I
think someone forgot to take into account the Ubuntu/Linux beta test.... :-)