Re: What are some common problems when using Debian GNU / LINUX?

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 00:36:45 +0100, <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:
Some examples I am thinking about is support for recent NVidia cards, various wifi or sound chip-sets which do not always have free drivers. The common way to solve those problems is by adding non-free repositories, and install them.

It's not that easy. Sometimes there aren't or at least are no good drivers available. What is the OP using Linux for? I only can give good examples for audio, since this is the domain that is important for me.

The OP should join a Linux community that does share the same or similar needs, for audio this e.g. would be the Linux audio community.