Can't login into phpldapadmin web interface

Hi,

I just installed slapd, ldap-utils and phpldapadmin on to my Debian
GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy) system.

I run
sudo slaptest -v
config file testing succeeded

However, I can't run say the command:
sudo ldapmodify
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password: I enter here the password that I give when I
installed slapd
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database

When I'm trying to login on my phpldapadmin web interface:
http://localhost/phpldapadmin/index.php

cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com
I enter here the password that I give when I
installed slapd

I get error messages:
Unable to connect to LDAP server My LDAP Server
Hiba: Invalid credentials (49) for user
error	Failed to Authenticate to server
Invalid Username or Password.

Well, installing and the configuration of the LDAP for a new user isn't
so easy.

What is the problem here and how can I solve it?

--
Regards from Pal