Re: Download directly to outer media than local SSD

Thanks to all!
I guess this problem is SOLVED! thanks!

祝好,
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 01:25:01AM +0800, Hormatzhan Yiltiz wrote:
>    I'd like to download some big .iso files, and I use SSD drive.
>    Some would recommend avoid writing big stuff (in this case, about 40G!) to
>    SSD if possible.
>    I have other removable hard disk(s), and if I simply choose the target
>    directory to the removable hard disk, can I assure myself I am not writing
>    download data (including the cache/buff* stuff) to my SSD?

If you need reassurance, have a look at the output of "lsof -c
mydownloader" (where mydownloader is the program you're using to
download; wget, firefox, chromium etc). Look for files with a 'u' or 'w'
after the FD number to find files being Updated or Written.