Re: when new versions will be available at wheezy ?

On 01/12/2013 12:07 PM, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
2013-01-12 11:26, maderios skrev:
On 01/11/2013 09:18 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
On Vi, 11 ian 13, 10:56:22, maderios wrote:

Package: *
Pin: release a=experimental
Pin-Priority: 600
^^^^^
I don't think this is a good idea. Maybe 100, but definitely nothing
bigger.
Why ?

With priority up to 100, the packages from experimental will not be
upgraded with a normal upgrade command, but the packages will need
explicit upgrade requests.

As packages from experimental are experimental and may break your system
without warning, requiring you to explicitly request upgrades of such
packages seems like a good idea to me.

I agree with you. I never tried to install system packages from experimental. Too dangerous. In the past, I tried to install experimental digikam but it didn't work... When I need some programs or libraries (Ex Bullet) I prefer to compile myself and install with checkinstall. It works well.
Best regards.

--
Maderios
"Art is meant to disturb. Science reassures."