Re: Installing Debian on an SSD

On Friday 11 January 2013 19:58:47 Bob Proulx wrote:
> As a side note I always set up OpenVPN between my laptops and my home
> server so that I can always connect to my laptop without knowing what
> address it is dynamically using at the moment.  You could then log in
> remotely and check on things like this without disturbing him.  (smile)

:-)

That is why I start with ssh server at installation.  It means that I can use
fish from the get-go.  But there was a problem with my husband's computer
(Supplier.  It's a long story) and it was an 80th birthday present.  It was
meant to be fully set up before he got back from a trip, but because of the
problems I had barely installed the OS and the DE, so had to minimise the
time spent on anything else.  He has not long been back.  But I shall get
access and then .....

Come to think of it, I could have used fish anyway.  I generally install ssh
server _and_ client before trying to use either, but I should not be so hide
bound.

Lisi