Re: Problem to run debian testing on my desktop computer

Bob Proulx wrote:
Try installing the linux-image-nonfree package to get the firmware
blobs.  I am thinking that has a good chance of solving your problem
too.

Thank for your help Bob, I'll try that as soon as I can. I think I should be able to do that in command line without a screen. In fact I already tryed to install the firmware this week, but without adding the line in /etc/apt/sources.list so it may explain why it's didn't work (I had no visual feedback but "halt" did work so I'm sure I was logged".

So here are the command I should enter I guess :

echo "deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free" >>/etc/apt/sources.list
  apt-get update
  apt-get install firmware-linux-nonfree
  reboot

Or I could save it in a script under my root home directory from a working system and simply launch it after a reboot under debian.

kind regards
--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/