Re: Sharing sound between users on wheezy - Your recommendation.

Good time of the day, Andrei.

Thank You for Your time and answer. You wrote:

> > What do You recommend for wheezy multi user system for single sound
> > card share: PA, Dmix, another?
>
> In my experience dmix works fine in most cases, but you don't provide
> enough information to make a recommendation.

Thanks, again.

> If all you're looking for is a way for multiple users to control the
> same playlist you should look at mpd.

No. What I want is sharing hardware - the sound card among several
users - i.e. I have several users logged in on a host. some of them use
the card - some play music, or keep it paused currently while another
tries to work w/ MIDI editor - like RoseGarden or LMMS.

Currently I do not use sharing of sound card that results in lockups -
app.s either waiting for hardware to be released or hang up my whole
system - I tried to run ardour2 while mplayer2 was playing a FLAC. -
Had to reset whole OS.

Sthu.