Re: lightdm login screen minor issue

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 05:39, "Claudius Hubig" <debian_1301@chubig.net> said:

> Hello craig@gtek.biz,
>
> what a wonderful name :)
>
> craig@gtek.biz wrote:
>> At the login screen, there are two buttons in the top right-hand corner,
>> one for switching hi-contrast and large fonts on or off, and the other
>> for restarting or shutting the system down. That power "button" has no
>> functionality to it. When I click on it, a blank panel opens and there is
>> nothing to click on. I am at a loss trying to figure out what drives that
>> missing functionality. Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction?
>
> What packages related to lightdm do you have installed? To check, try
> something like
>
> # dpkg -l lightdm*
>
> Do you have upower installed? lightdm suggests it, and it appears to
> be related to system-wide power management. Again, try
>
> # dpkg -l upower
>
> to see if/what is installed.
>
> Best,
>
> Claudius

Hi Claudius

As requested:
$ dpkg -l lightdm*
||/ Name                Version        Architecture   Description
+++-===================-==============-==============-===========================================
ii  lightdm             1.2.2-4        i386           simple display manager
un  lightdm-greeter     <none>                        (no description available)
un  lightdm-gtk         <none>                        (no description available)
ii  lightdm-gtk-greeter 1.1.6-2        i386           simple display manager (GTK+ greeter)

$ dpkg -l upower
||/ Name                Version        Architecture   Description
ii  upower              0.9.17-1       i386           abstraction for power management

Looks like I've got both installed correctly. I did compare the full dpkg
list on this system and another system that installed all of the task
recommends, and I don't see any power related packages that are missing.

This is not a do or die situation, but I would like to understand what I
may have missed. I appreciate the suggestions.

Sent - Gtek Web Mail