Re: How recover from aborted dist-upgrade Stable to Testing (due to apt-listbug bug 585448)

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 19:31:52 +1300
Chris Bannister <cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 03:12:25PM -0600, nv wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:49:53 +0200
> > Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Andrei
> >
> > tl;dr:  Is it recommended that I use apt-pinning to upgrade some
> > packages to
>
> Weird, considering yours was the long post and not Andrei's

Eek!  I meant no disrespect! :)  I ALWAYS read the whole reply.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Too_long%3B_didn't_read

Interesting.  I was surprised to find my usage not described in that
Wikipedia page.  In some places, particularly, slashdot.org, I have
seen "tl;dr" used also as a self-summarizing of one's own posting.  Of
course, I see now that I probably should have placed it at the top for
better clarity, or used, "tl;dr version:," perhaps.

From http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/tldr
"Usage
Most of the time, tl;dr is used to call out another user on the length
of their post. However, in cases of more courteous exchanges and
serious discussions, tl;dr can be self-invoked by the original poster
as a disclaimer to the readers. It is then paired with a brief summary
of the longer original text."