Re: Corrupted desktop

I think this bug is more related to virtualbox or xorg.

If you have time to check, you can try to configure a KDE desktop. If the same problem appear, it is not a gnome or gtk problem. If not, it might be gnome, or gtk. To have more clues in this situation, try xfce or lxde, and if the problem appear in more than one gtk-based DE but not on KDE, then it is a gtk problem, not a gnome one.