Re: multiarch - please do not force users to change a running system!

> Have a look at the contents of ia32-libs-*. The ‘new’ libraries APT
> wants to install already exist on your system, just in one ugly
> enormous package that has to be downloaded in full each time one of
> the libraries it contains changes. You also don’t get to choose which
> of the libraries in ia32-libs-* you actually need. Chances are that
> multi-arch will actually relieve you of a lot of unnecessary stuff.

Ok, but if they are "reinstalled", then the old libs should be deinstalled.
But they will not. So I have some libs double on my system.

> Yes there is, ia32-libs-* are superseded by multi-arch and no longer
> maintained/updated.
But the new ia32-libs are (if I am not wrong) in the amd64-repository, but
cannot updated, as its dependencies are in i386-repo. That is no good idea.

Greets

Hans