Re: KDE4 - way to add to "k" menu for *all* users?

Jay DeKing grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

>> David Guntner grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
>>>
>>> I could have sworn that once upon a time, running kmenuedit as
>>> root would let you set the menu items for all users on the
>>> system.  Now, unfortunately, it only seems to edit the menu for
>>> the root user.
>>>
>>> Is there a way under KDE4 to edit the menu entries, and then have
>>> it save the new/changed entries so that they appear for all users
>>> on the system?
>
> No, you are hardly the only KDE4 user. It looks like nobody has an
> answer for you yet, though. I surely don't. Sorry about that. It is a
> good question. Have you asked on the KDE lists?

Guess I may have to go find one and join it just long enough to see if
anyone there knows the way to do it.  I know I've Googled like crazy,
figuring it would have turned up in a web forum or mailing list archive
somewhere (I can't believe I'm the only person who's tried to do this
and had problems with it :-) ), but I guess my Google Fu in this case
just isn't strong enough - either really no one has discussed this
before or I'm just not coming up with the right search terms.  (The
latter being the most likely. <grin>)

So I guess I'll go find a KDE list and join long enough to ask the
question. :-)

Thanks.

                 --Dave